Ann landers advice dating
The buildings, located in the 500 block of North Third Street, were razed in late 1970 and early 1971.Today this site, just north of the La Crosse Tribune building, is occupied by a parking lot. May 1, 1971, was the first Amtrak train to come to the city.During the five-minute stop, City Council President Loren Wardwell, center, talks with Milwaukee Road passenger agent Frank Daley, left, and La Crosse Tribune assistant district sales manager Gordon T. Amtrak continues to service the La Crosse area, with two stops of the Empire Builder scheduled daily.In this 1981 photo, 17-year-old Linda Craig, left, and her sister, 18-year-old Judy Craig, work in the kitchen at Ardie's Restaurant, 514 Lang Drive.The Kendricks operated the gallery, located at 1026 S. James Cherf purchased the building and reopened it as an art gallery in 2012. The restaurant changed hands again in 2006 and became the Blue Moon, which was the name of the restaurant before Schuster's 1980 purchase.
The location is now home to the La Crosse Olive Oil Co.The 520,000-square-foot complex, shown here in a 1974 file photo, spans more than a city block along Rose and Gillette streets and is now home to Central States Warehouse.Bartl Brewery, located near the corner of La Crosse Street and Lang Drive, was torn down in October 1971 to make room for a gas station.The brewery was founded in 1904 by Austrian native Frank Bartl and his sons, Joseph and Frank.A natural gas explosion destroyed the Ben Franklin store at 1201 Caledonia St. The store's owners, Ralph and Thelma Osborne, later reopened the store at the same location.